Over 70 experts from both China and were present at the workshop session on Alignment of European (Horizon Europe) and Chinese Funds for Research. The session was held in Guimarães, Portugal during the CEWP High Level Dialogue Meeting. The objective of this second workshop session (the first was held in April 2019 in CEWP Joint Steering Committee meeting in Budapest) was to further discuss flagship and structural projects in the various focal areas of the China Europe Water Platform: Water Management and Ecological Safety, Urban Waters, Rural Waters and Water and Energy.
The workshop was moderated by João Eduardo Rabaça, Professor at University of Évora (Portugal), as well as by Shi Quichi, Director General of INTCE, Ministry of Water Resources of China. The session was organized in 3 parts:
- Part I - Oral communication session of the Chinese and European funding mechanisms of science and technology potentially available to support R&D and summary of findings of flagship and structural projects already identified;
- Part II - Parallel workshop sessions in the four focus areas to further deepen potential EU-China water research flagship projects and
- Part III - Rapporteurs reported main conclusions to the plenarium.
During this session, the China-Europe Water Platform, announced the opening of a funding line for cooperation activities between Europe and China for emerging issues of mutual interest related to water. Read more.
Report of the session will be available soon.
1. Horizon Europe - the next EU Research & Innovation Investment Programme (2021-2027), Laura Gornicioiu, DG Environment
2. COST - Growing Ideas through Networks, Paulo Ferrao, COST Association
3. China - Europe H2020 Cooperation Projects, Sara Medina, SP1, Portugal
4. Progress Report - Europe, China - Europe Water Science and Technology projects, Ana Mendes, University of Evora
5. Progress and next work plan of Chinese side in preparation of the China EU Water Science and Technology Flagship Project, Hu Wenjun, INTCE
6. Chinese Government Scholarshipon Water Professionals, Li Qiongfang, Hohai University
7. Key Technology for Ecological Restoration in river with Water Shortage - a case study in Yongding River in North China, Du Guozhi, Yongding River Investment Co. and Song Qiubo, Hai River Basin Commission
8. Key Technologies Based on China Sponge City Experience, Kong Yanhong, CAUPD
9. Proposals for Horizon Europe flagship projects - Lot 2, Bjørn Jensen, Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland (GEUS)